The goal of this workshop is to bring together different communities working on quality in Wikipedia, DBpedia, Wikidata, OpenStreetMap, Wikimapia and other open knowledge bases and data sources. The workshop calls for sharing research experience and knowledge related to quality assessment in open data. We invite papers that provide methodologies and techniques, which can help to verify and enrich various community based services in different languages.
Short URL: QOD.BISconf.org
Topics of interest
- Quality management in open knowledge bases
- Large-scale information extraction
- Assessment of geospatial data in OpenStreetMap, Wikimapia and other collaborative maps
- Multilingual entity recognition for linking purposes
- Enriching open databases with NLP methods
- Quality assessment of open knowledge bases
- Improving quality of DBpedia, Wikidata and other semantic databases
- Enrichment of multilingual open knowledge bases
- Analysis of references and citation data
- Long papers: max. 12 pages
- Work-in-progress reports: max. 6 pages
Papers must be submitted in PDF format according to Springer LNBIP template
Submission system is available at EasyChair.
Papers approved for presentation at QOD 2021 will be published in BIS 2021 workshop post-conference proceedings, as a volume in Springer’s Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP) series. BIS 2021 Workshops proceedings will be distributed to workshop participants by regular mail. Accepted papers of the previous edition of the QOD workshop were published in volume number 394 of the LNBIP.
LNBIP is indexed in DBLP, Ei Compendex, Scopus and other databases. Workshop papers will be made available in electronic form by the BIS organizers to all workshop participants (and only to them) directly before the conference.
- April 20, 2021 – submission deadline for papers
- May 20, 2021 – notification of acceptance/rejection
- May 30, 2021 – submission of final papers (for presentation)
- June 15-17, 2021 – the workshop
Organizers and Chairs
- Maribel Acosta, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
- Włodzimierz Lewoniewski, Poznan University of Economics and Business, Poland
- Krzysztof Węcel, Poznań University of Economics and Business, Poland
To be announced…