Topics of interest | Submission guidelines | Important dates | Organizers and Chairs | Program Committee
The recent global challenge invoked by the COVID-19 pandemic has put online education into the forefront of academic attention – both as a technological opportunity to maintain the continuity of teaching (at all levels of education) and as a challenge to innovate and apply new methodological approaches. It is less obvious how to develop a blended-learning compatible BIS curriculum based on shared values, eLearning experiences, and sound pedagogical principles that is able to meet these changing requirements. Although online and blended learning has already been applied in teaching BIS, the reaction to the COVID phenomena has drastically sped up this process of adaptation with varying levels of success. A recently launched Erasmus+ project, BIPER is going to re-frame BIS according to the Enterprise Architecture approach. The goal of this workshop is to bring together BIS practitioners and BIS educators to discuss current trends and challenges in teaching BIS – with special focus on online and blended techniques, related pedagogical methods and support technologies, as well as required changes to the BIS curriculum.
Short URL: BisEd.BISconf.org
Topics of interest
- trends in BIS education
- BIS education under COVID: experiences and cases
- BIS curriculum redesign in the 21st century
- blended learning in BIS education
- teaching practical subjects online
- best practices in BIS education
- groupwork in teaching BIS
- multidisciplinary teamwork approches
- pedagogical methods in BIS third-level
- IT support tools of teaching BIS subjects online.
- Long papers: max. 12 pages
- Work-in-progress reports: max. 6 pages
- Demo papers: max. 4 pages
Papers must be submitted in PDF format according to Springer LNBIP template
Submission system is available at EasyChair.
Papers approved for presentation at BisEd 2021 will be published in BIS 2021 workshop post-conference proceedings, as a volume in Springer’s Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP) series. BIS 2021 Workshops proceedings will be distributed to workshop participants by regular mail.
Workshop papers will be made available in electronic form by the BIS organizers to all workshop participants (and only to them) directly before the conference.
- April 21, 2021 – submission deadline for papers
- May 5, 2021 – notification of acceptance/rejection
- May 19, 2021 – submission of final papers (for presentation)
- June 14, 2021 – the workshop
Organizers and Chairs
- Csaba Csáki, Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary
- Gaye Kiley, University College Cork, Ireland
- Zoltán Szabó, Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary
- Keshav Dahal, University of the West of Scotland, United Kingdom
- Matteo Arru, Claranet Srl., Italy
- Andreja Puchar, Univerza v Mariboru, Slovenia
- Gábor Kismihók, TIB Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology, Germany
- András Gábor, Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary